Tuesday

A quick mixed media tag tutorial


A-quick-mixed-media-tag-tutorial

These days, I've really been enjoying neutrals. The juxtaposition of hard and soft elements create interesting depth and texture in the absence of in-your-face colour. Like this quick mixed media tag.


I started off with a piece of cardboard. After cutting the patterned paper to size, I adhered it to the cardboard base and distressed the edges for some texture.


Then I applied some light modeling paste with The Crafter's Workshop stencil. Once that was dry, I lightly misted the tag with a gold mist for a subtle overall shimmer.


Next comes the fun part....the embellishing of the tag! I wish I could tell you there was a science or logic to my madness. But there isn't. I put an embellishment here, then tuck another one under it to create an overlap of sorts...then decide that it looks terrible....and add something else to make it look better. And in the end it becomes a decent cluster of embellishments. *LOL*


Of course, that isn't nearly enough. I have to add a little more "bling" with some Golden gold mica flakes. 


Because it matches the gold bits I have on my embellishments...*winks*


And then a little tassel for the "swish" factor. :)


Playing along with Creative Artiste Challenge.

Share/Bookmark

Pin It

19 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW this is such a beauty. I always marvel at how you pull off all color combinations with such ease!!
Ps : I am having a celebration on my blog with prizes...would love to have you join in.Here is the link : 5 Million Page-views Celebration

SD pooja said...

Stylish... You say it madness?? Its the creative talent..to create such awesome cluster with various elements !

SD pooja said...

Stylish... You say it madness?? Its the creative talent..to create such awesome cluster with various elements !

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! Breathtaking!

Jackie T said...

Hi this is stunning and a great tutorial. Thank you for joining us at <a href='http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk/’> Creative Artiste Challenge Blog </a> for challenge 12 Anything Goes with the optional twist of using chipboard. Hugs Jackie DT

Cindy deRosier said...

So pretty! How do you adhere the mica?

Lisa said...

Oh wow, it's absolutely stunning!! You embellished this perfectly!! I love, love it my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the flowers and the tassel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StirYourCreativity said...

Beautiful. I specifically liked the cluster you created with the flowers and all the other elements

My Scrap Pages and Cards said...

Wow such a pretty tag, awesome work
thanks for joining our challenge over at
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/
thanks Debbie DT

Lynn said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! You win the award for 'Best Tag of the Year'. I love every part of it...sparkle, texture, and neutrals...delicious!

Heather McMahon said...

Oh I LOVE this! I can see why you're using neutrals atm. Fantastic!

Mitralee said...

I am in love with the patterned paper you used, the gold mica flakes, and the tassle! Super cool project! It's just lovely!

Laura Creates said...

So fun and vibrant, love the masking! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!Sketches!

Lizzy Hill said...

Totally ADORE. It's one of your 'sophisticated' numbers....even with a tassle!!! And I reckon, however you do your clusters, they ALWAYS ALWAYS look magical. I shake my head and think 'how did she think to put those elements together & how come they look so darn good?'......but you do, and they do!

Wheelie Crafty said...

Wow what an absolutely stunning tag you have created, I love the paper and your gorgeous arrangement of embellishments...
Thank you so much for entering our challenge over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog, we hope to see you join in again...

Hugs Rhonda DT & Owner xxx
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk

sarascloset said...

Such a stunning tag! I love that paper and adding the texture paste and then the gold flakes just takes this to the next level. All of your embellishments are so pretty, too!

Karon said...

Oh my - stunning!

Wheelie Crafty said...

Congrats Yvonne on being chosen the winner of http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au

Please contact us to collect your prize...

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It